The Mertz Family Happenings

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Vay-Kay

Dave and I were so lucky to get to go on on a Cruise with Michele and Dad.  I can’t believe all the preparation it takes to leave for five days when you have two little ones at home!  Mom and Chris were awesome and watched Thomas and Noelle the whole time.  Shuffling work, play time, dinner time, and getting up early to get the kids to Miss Tami’s before they had to be to work in the morning!  Melissa helped out by picking Thomas up at school and the Semillo’s were kind enough to go to Dad’s house to feed the dogs.  I’m tired right now just thinking of all the prep work!

We had a great time celebrating everyone’s birthdays and enjoying the food and people watching.  At my doctor’s appt. a few days after we got back he noticed I had gained some weight, I told him I would not take any responsibility for it to call the cruise line!

HPIM3487  This is at the port in Ensanada.

HPIM3533 Enjoying some lunch in Mexico.  The poor little kids kept coming up to us every 2 minutes trying to get us to buy their bracelets and gum.  I had read on a poster that said not to buy it because they actually are working for wealthy people who don’t let them keep any of the money they make.  Instead, we wrapped up all of our leftovers and gave it to them.  I’ve never seen a child smile like that for food before.

HPIM3497 These are some of the school children from the parade, they were so cute!

HPIM3514Here’s Dad bargaining for his sandals, I think this was his favorite part of the trip!

We had a good time in Mexico, enjoying the sights and sounds.  I even got to use my so-so Spanish with the Taxi driver as we drove 45 minutes back and forth the the Bufadora.  I did leave feeling a little sad about the poor living conditions we saw there.  It make you really grateful for the life we have here in the United States.

HPIM3535 One last picture, this is Michele after she got pooped on by the bird while we were trying to get some sun!

No comments:

Post a Comment