The Mertz Family Happenings

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Happy, Happy, Easter!

The biggest drawback about working in a hospital is that it’s open every day of the year, 24 hours a day.  Since Dave and I both have to work on Easter our family celebrated a week early.

Michele and I took the kids to Thomas’ school before church to take some pictures in their Easter outfits in front of their pretty flowers.  Snell’s always has tons of  bright and beautiful flowers.  Except for yesterday!  They did have a few and we got some good shots, I thought.  Michele was a little disappointed that we didn’t get more perfect pictures but I told her it likely had more to do with her subjects than her picture taking ability!

IMG_4549 One of my favorite pictures of Troy from when we were young is him wearing a purple shirt.  I was excited to put Thomas in one!

IMG_4558

IMG_4584

We were rushing to make it to church on time but we made it!  Noelle struggled through Sacrament this week and I even had to take her out for the last portion, it’s never come to that before!  Church during nap time is for the birds!

When it came time for Sunday School, Thomas’ class was without a teacher and Michele and I got recruited to fill in.  We had a good time improvising the lesson.  The kids were really fun and receptive.  Thomas got to give the scripture in primary for the first time this week as well.  He did a fantastic job!

Later, we celebrated at Grandpa’s house with all kinds of activities, I’m sure Michele will have more pictures to share on her blog.

IMG_4624IMG_4626Look at all the eggs we found!  

HPIM3585

HPIM3592

Noelle checking out her Easter Basket, she has the funniest smile lately!

HPIM3596

HPIM3594

Thomas celebrating his Easter treasures!

1 comment:

  1. So cute! Even early Easter celebrations are fun. :) And I agree with you about church during naptime. It's a killer. Oh well...

    ReplyDelete