The Mertz Family Happenings

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Happy Birthday, Auntie!

Michele’s actual birthday was a few days after we got home from our cruise.  With everyone still exhausted and doing mass amounts of laundry and things we decided to just have a small celebration. 

After church, Michele and Dad came over to have dinner and dessert.  Michele has been asking for a Trifle bowl for the last couple of holidays so I finally went out and got her one!  I thought I would surprise her with a delicious trifle dessert but when I looked for a recipe everything seemed so difficult and rich.  I finally found a recipe on the Food Network website that seemed okay, Michele and I made it together…

HPIM3539 All ready to put together

HPIM3541First, you make a chocolate sheet cake and cut it up into 1 inch squares

HPIM3543  Then, you add the squares to the trifle bowl

HPIM3546 Now, layer with chocolate pudding, cool whip, and crushed Heath candy bars

HPIM3548 The finished product!

HPIM3551 HPIM3550

Thomas and Noelle getting ready to have some dessert!  It did turn out to be a little too rich.  We all ate a little piece that night and then I’m sad to say the rest got thrown away!  We’ll have to keep looking for good trifle recipes, send one if you have one!

No comments:

Post a Comment