The Mertz Family Happenings

Sunday, March 15, 2009

New Beginnings

I have been thinking about starting a blog for a while now but have never actually taken the time to do it.  I have finally realized that there is no time like the present, so here I am.  This seems like the perfect time since our family is having a lot of new beginnings.  We have just moved back to Stockton after living in Escalon for a little over a year and are enjoying all the “new” things that moving brings.  I thought I would start out with a few thoughts about the things that we are going to miss about Escalon and the things we are looking forward to/and or are already enjoying about our new home in Stockton.

Things we are going to miss about Escalon:

1.  Miss Laura’s Day Care-  By far, Miss Laura is going to be what I miss most about Escalon.  She was loving and fun and I never felt worried about leaving the kids there.

2.  Being so close to La Estrella-  the world’s best Mexican restaurant!!!!

3.  Playing at Jacob Meyers Park in Riverbank.

4.  Long walks in the orchards near our house.

5.  Impromptu visits with the Metzler family.

6.  Walking to the Ace Hardware-  Dave’s favorite!!!

7.  Storytime at the Escalon Public Library.

8.  Breakfast at Hula’s-  Dave was always great at confusing their crazy waitresses!!

9.  Our beautiful home.

10.  Visiting the ponds across the street from our house.

Things we are looking forward to or are already loving in Stockton:

1.  Not having to drive 45 minutes “past the cows” to go anywhere, and all the money I hope to save on gas.

2.  Living close to family.

3.  Miss Tami’s daycare-  Thanks Melissa for the awesome recommendation!!

4.  Thomas going to preschool at Snell’s.   I went to the same school 26 years ago!!

5.  Playing in our new court with all the neighbor kids.  Thomas has already been playing with Andrew almost everyday.

6.  A MUCH smaller mortgage payment!!!

7.  Hopefully convincing Dave to let us have a dog.

8.   Living closer to Target for the too frequent trips to buy anything and everything.

9.  Being in the Valley Oaks ward again and Thomas starting Sunbeams.

10.  A great new house!!

4 comments:

  1. That's great! I tried blogging on and off and found it to be much easier to micro-blog (ie. twitter). Your off to a great start and just have fun with it :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited for you! Your blog is way cute, and your list idea is fantastic! I miss all of you, but I am so happy you live in Stockton again! It makes me feel like you'll be safer since your family is around to help out. I can't believe I just associate the words Stockton and safe in the same sentence!1

    Love ya,
    Christina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello! Yay for joining the blogging world! Hope you guys are doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this is fantastic. If only I knew how. I can't believe you are 30. Do you know how old I feel right now!! Keep up the good work. I keep telling Michele that we need to have a playdate. Keep on her, will ya.

    ReplyDelete