The Mertz Family Happenings

Sunday, March 29, 2009

I can’t believe I’m 30….

So, I turned 30 on Thursday and I had almost a month long celebration.  It started out with Dinner with my dad, Michele, Dave, and the kids at BJ’s almost 3 weeks ago, since Thomas and Michele were going to be gone on my actual birthday.  The service was less than great but the food was good.  When we got home I was shocked by the awesome presents.kelly bday 1  Be still my soul…. Dave got me this beautiful Cuisinart!!  Oh, tomato bisque here I come!!!!

kelly bday2Dad, Michele, Troy, and Julie went in on this Wii Fit.  Are they trying to tell me something? Just kidding, I totally asked for it.

Kelly bday 3Last but not least, Michele made me these  amazing scrapbooks filled with memories from my childhood all the way up to nursing school and the births of Thomas and Noelle.  They are beautiful.  Have I mentioned how blessed I am to have her for a sister?

My actual birthday was spent at home with Dave and Noelle.  Dave made a delicious surf and turf dinner and then we went and got frozen yogurt at Nubi. 

The next day was lunch out with friends from work.  We went to Chili’s, where I hadn’t been in forever.  Here is Noelle enjoying chips and dip..surprise!

 chili noelle

Finally, yesterday Dave and I enjoyed a day in San Francisco while Noelle was staying with his mom.

grease

We went and saw Grease at Golden Gate Theater.  It was a good show and Taylor Hicks plays Teen Angel, it was fun to see an “American Idol”.

 

 

 

After the show we headed over to Pier 39 to do some window shopping and have dinner.  We had a scrumptious seafood dinner at Neptune’s Palace and had fun just strolling around.

HPIM2182

All in all I had a fun birthday month and turning 30 wasn’t as bad as I thought it would be.  With all the craziness that life brings I have been kind of down on myself lately.  This birthday has given me the opportunity to reflect on my life and I have realized that I have much to be thankful for.  If you know me than you know that I love lists, so in honor of my 30th…

Things I am Thankful for…

1.  A nice home for my family, I just wished I owned fewer homes..

2.  A good job which not only helps me provide for my family but also provides me with learning opportunities, comic relief, and friendship.

3.  A wonderful, supportive family.

4.  Two beautiful children, who make everything worth the hard work.

5.  A loving and kind boyfriend.

Goals that I have for my 30th year…

1.  Get in shape.  Notice that I didn’t say loose weight.  I have come to the conclusion that I am a terrible dieter and that will never work for me.  What will work is a change in lifestyle.  I want to be a healthier, more confident me, not the skinniest girl in the room.  I think that is very “grown up” of me.

2.  Take up running.  I have always wanted to run a marathon.  I’m not promising that but I would like to be able to run a few miles without having an asthma attack or an MI.

3.  Get married.

4.  Continue going to church each Sunday on my weekend off.  It’s good for the kids and good for my soul.

5.  Have daily prayer and read the scriptures.  This has been hard for me, since my divorce I feel a little disconnected.  When my temple marriage ended less that 3 years after it began I didn’t  loose my belief I just felt unworthy.  I am trying to gat back where I need to be with my Heavenly Father.

3 comments:

  1. Very nice blog, Kelly. I only wish I had the patience. Maybe I should start blogging about my weight loss, move, changes in life etc.
    Shelley P

    ReplyDelete
  2. We should've been celebrating both of our birthdays last Monday! I didn't realize...so happy belated birthday from us! It was great to see you and meet Noelle. She's a cutie! Hopefully we will be able to see more of you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I sent you an email. Do you read your email, because I know you're a fan of Facebook and so I was just wondering. I loved this blog--the reason for the email.

    ReplyDelete