The Mertz Family Happenings

Thursday, March 26, 2009

Bon Voyage

 

Michele and Thomas left for San Diego yesterday.  They are going to be babysitting my brother’s little boy, Tyler, while he and his wife go to Mexico for a week.  I was so nervous to let him go but he was excited to ride on the airplane and he got a new Spiderman back pack for the trip so he was excited to wear it. HPIM2092

I took Thomas to get a hair cut before the trip and I wanted to do something different.  So, I got him a faux hawk.  I think he looks super cute!

After dropping Thomas and Michele at the airport Dave and I took Noelle to the Sacramento Zoo.  The weather was great and Noelle had a fabulous time.HPIM2102 The flamingos were her favorite.

HPIM2106HPIM2146

Daddy and Noelle having fun in the gift shop.

HPIM2155

Noelle’s favorite part of the trip!! Pink popcorn and a purple orangutan cup!!

HPIM2116

These are Noelle’s new shoes. I wouldn’t normally think  new velcro shoes were newsworthy but Noelle was so excited about them that she was actually talking to strangers to tell them about her new shoes.  For Noelle, this was a big accomplishment.  She doesn’t like to talk to anyone, even Grammy and Grandpa sometimes.  I was excited to see here coming out of her shell a little.

We finished the day by having dinner at Dave mom and step dad’s (Daddy’s Nana and Papa Lynn’s) house in Elk Grove.  It was a good chance to visit and a great meal.

On a side note-  Today is my 30th birthday.  I want to thank everyone for their birthday wishes and the great gifts.  More on my birthday to come…

2 comments:

  1. You took a good picture of Thomas and Me at the airport! I actually like that one. The pictures of Noelle are great. I love one with her looking through the fence. I'm glad you had a good time at the zoo.
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well glad to hear you had a great bday and that turning 30 was NOT so bad. Love all the pics you put up. And whenever you are ready to start running, let me know! I really want to get back into shape too AND we need to start training for the marathon:)

    ReplyDelete